- Content Strategy
- HTML Email
- UX Research
- Website Design & Development
NewSTEPs is a national program focused on achieving outcomes for newborns by facilitating newborn screening initiatives and programs that improve the overall quality of the newborn screening system. NewSTEPs partnered with Teal Media to design and develop an online convening space where the newborn screening community can learn and share important resources and data related to laboratory practice, follow-up programs, and quality improvement.
Newborn screening is the largest and most successful disease prevention system in the United States and saves or improves the lives of over 12,000 babies a year.
97% of the more than 4 million newborns born in the U.S. each year are screened by public health laboratories for various genetic disorders
As a national newborn screening resource center, state newborn screening programs and other newborn screening partners rely on the NewSTEPs website for technical assistance resources, data, tools, educational resources and various quality improvement materials and information. The website Teal created allows newborn screening professionals to quickly find what they are looking for (and save a personal list of resources along the way!) so they are up-to-date on the latest information from the field.
01 / 00
The NewSTEPs website also features:
- Easy-to-understand landing pages for foundational newborn screening information including case definitions, quality indicators, and disorders
- A robust resource library that is easily filterable by disorder, topic, and type. The taxonomy we created for the resource library allows us to show resources on relevant pages across the website.
- Custom ‘save’ functionality that allows website visitors to save resources as they explore the site. The user can then email their custom-made resource list to themselves.
- Quick access to the “member-only” section NewSTEPs where users can upload data and explore member-only content
- A calendar for upcoming webinars and events for the newborn screening community
- Compliance with Section 508 guidelines
- And more!
Teal Media has transformed our website to utilize contemporary features, with user-friendly, intuitive navigation. Teal Media has updated our website in an efficient and thoughtful manner, incorporating stakeholder feedback. A dynamic NewSTEPs website contributes to our mission of achieving the highest quality for newborn screening systems.Sari Edelman, MPH
NewSTEPs, Newborn Screening and Genetics, Association of Public Health Laboratories