- UX Research
- Website Design & Development
Voto Latino's website had grown stale. It was organized around internal priorities, and failed to connect with Voto Latino's primary audience of young Latinx'ers. In advance of the 2020 election, they needed a website that would help them activate this critical voting bloc.
The new site reflects the young Latinx people who make up Voto Latino's audience, creating a sense of empowerment and ownership. It makes it easy to understand who Voto Latino is and how they work. And above all, it focuses on Voto Latino's primary goal: registering people to vote.
Voto Latino’s website is one of the key tools they use to get more millennials and Gen Z Latinx people to register to vote. Their new site needed to:
- Be reflective of Millennial and Gen X Latinx people and the way they use digital media
- Make it easy for people to see all the ways they can take action - by knowing why they should vote, and learning how they can participate
- Show how voting is connected to other issues that Latinx'ers care about
- Ensure a smooth and efficient voter registration process
- Introduce a streamlined and intuitive user experience
- Encourage deeper engagement with Voto Latino by joining their list and making a donation
Together with the team at Voto Latino, Teal built a streamlined digital engagement platform. The vibrant look-and-feel is inclusive and represents millennial and GenX Latinx people. The site makes it easy to quickly understand what Voto Latino is about, it builds connections between voting and the issues that young Latinx people care about, and it is centered around empowering people to get involved and vote.
"Our new site is really oriented around our goals, which has helped us achieve them. In just a short time, the amount of people who have registered to vote through the site has increased significantly."Francoise Stovall
Teal Media is a woman-owned full-service creative agency based in Washington, DC. We offer UX research, web design & development, brand strategy, and creative support to mission-driven and nonprofit partners. We believe purposeful design can transform organizations, inspire action, and enable progress.