- UX Research
- Website Design & Development
Voto Latino, a grassroots political organization focused on educating and empowering a new generation of Latinx voters, had an aggressive goal of registering 500,000 new voters in the 2020 election. Voto Latino partnered with Teal to design and develop their new website, which would serve as the hub for voter registration and education.
Teal's work and collaboration with Voto Latino:
- Registered over 1 million voters
- Raised $35 million dollars
- Mobilized 3.7 million Latinx voters
Voto Latino’s website is one of the key tools they use to get more millennials and Gen Z Latinx people to register to vote. Their new site needed to:
- Be reflective of Millennial and Gen X Latinx people and the way they use digital media
- Make it easy for people to see all the ways they can take action - by knowing why they should vote, and learning how they can participate
- Show how voting is connected to other issues that Latinx'ers care about
- Ensure a smooth and efficient voter registration process
- Introduce a streamlined and intuitive user experience
- Encourage deeper engagement with Voto Latino by joining their list and making a donation
Together with the team at Voto Latino, Teal built a streamlined digital engagement platform. The vibrant look-and-feel is inclusive and represents millennial and GenX Latinx people. The site makes it easy to quickly understand what Voto Latino is about, it builds connections between voting and the issues that young Latinx people care about, and it is centered around empowering people to get involved and vote.
"Our new site is really oriented around our goals, which has helped us achieve them. In just a short time, the amount of people who have registered to vote through the site has increased significantly."Francoise Stovall
Teal Media is a woman-owned full-service creative agency based in Washington, DC. We offer UX research, web design & development, brand strategy, and creative support to mission-driven and nonprofit partners. We believe purposeful design can transform organizations, inspire action, and enable progress.