Social Media Specialist (Remote)
Teal Media is seeking a Social Media Specialist for our Digital Marketing team for a full-time, remote position.
Teal Media works with clients and nonprofit organizations who commit their lives to creating positive social change. We pour every ounce of our passion and skill into their success, because we, too, want the world to be a better place.
As a leading member of our Digital Marketing team, you will coordinate timely deliverables in support of high-profile social impact clients tackling big challenges in health, climate, gender equity, human rights, and more.
You will work closely with our Director of Digital Marketing and the entire team to raise awareness, build audiences, and increase engagement through human-centered design and communications projects in some of the most pressing social justice issues of our time.
If you’re looking to be a part of a team that is comprised of talented, mindful people who dedicate themselves to making a difference, please apply here. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Ideal Location: Remote (US residents only)
- Salary Range: $60k-$85k (pending location & experience)
Who we are
Teal Media is a full-service creative and design agency with a conscience. We believe purposeful design can transform organizations, inspire action, and enable progress. Our clients and nonprofit partners commit their lives to creating positive social change. We pour every ounce of our passion and skill into their success, because we, too, want the world to be a better place. We offer a variety of strategic, creative, and technical services, including brand strategy, web design and development, and creative support.
We are a woman-owned and woman-led firm with a diverse staff. At Teal Media, we value our people above all else, and choose to work with partners and clients who share those beliefs.
The Social Media Specialist role is that of a Creative and Strategic Thinker, and a Proactive Cross-Functional Partner. This role will be charged with managing a number of client’s social media profiles, supporting client marketing and campaign goals, and executing the marketing strategy. The successful candidate will develop and maintain but not limited to trending social networking sites and resource centers, and video feeds. The candidate will be responsible for providing the clients with comprehensive analytics, data presentations, and resource management reports. This candidate will have a demonstrated history of working in a fast-paced environment while delivering multiple projects on schedule, on budget and with no errors.
This role is under the Digital Marketing team. You will report to the Director of Digital Marketing.
What You’ll Do
Social Media Management (70%)
- Social media account management; help maintain social content calendars – in conjunction with the rest of the integrated marketing efforts.
- Develop and implement cohesive social media strategies for multiple companies that build brand awareness, generate inbound traffic and product adoption.
- Help develop and refine social media brand guidelines
- Contribute to performance reviews and social media audits, analyzing current online presence and strategy, and identifying areas of improvement across a range of clients.
- Utilize social media tools (such as Sprout and Hootsuite) to analyze results and identify patterns and other insights on consumer behavior.
- Creation of content which meets our customer standards.
- Develop and deliver social media optimization (SMO).
- Stay current with social media trends and best practices.
- Research opportunities for new social marketing platforms and select adapt current processes to fit client needs.
- Review and approve content on a daily basis.
- Creating and managing monthly promotions.
Digital Creative Copywriting (20%)
- Serve as an exemplary writer, writing clean, concise, well-polished copy.
- Edit and proofread graphics, strategy and reporting decks, and other content produced by your teammates, including conceptualizing the projects upfront and copy-editing prior to publishing.
- Create social posts that are compelling, and partner with the Graphic Design team members on stylistic direction.
- Develop creative and captivating copy for digital media ads, such as Linkedin, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Adwords and Search/Display Ads.
- Develop email marketing content that gets opened, read and clicked.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends and customer challenges in order to build more effective editorial calendars and content across social, email, and paid media.
- Identify and share new opportunities for adding value to deliverables, working with strategists and team leads in a spirit of continuous improvement
Digital Strategy (10%)
- Work with our core digital marketing team to concept and bring to life amazing digital marketing creative campaigns.
- Help build, plan and implement overall digital marketing strategy for clients across paid media, social channels, owned & earned content, and marketing emails/newsletters.
- Help analyze social media and email campaign statistics to measure engagement of audience through visits, open rates, click-throughs, reposts, event RSVP’s, etc; produce monthly reports on social media and email analytics, and make strategic recommendations to reach target audiences
- Develop social media creative for a variety of clients in a wide array of fields, including all video, photography and illustrative needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Ideal Candidates Will Have
- 2-3 years of relevant experience in digital marketing and social media
- Digital Marketing/Social media experience ideally within an agency environment
- Strong organizational, time management skills with an excellent attention to detail
- Experience with major social media platforms and management tools
- Can-do person who takes on tasks proactively and strong communication skills
- Ability to adapt to the fast-moving environment within an agency
Make a positive impact on mission-driven organizations and nonprofits while working in a fun, collaborative and flexible environment. We’re a nimble, close-knit group that values teamwork and individual contribution.
All our positions are remote (in the US), but we work to maintain a fun and engaging company culture.
- Work from home (or at the beach!)
- Professional Development Coaching
- Yearly Continuing Education Stipend
- Eligibility for bi-annual bonuses
- Flexible Time Off and Unlimited Sick Leave
- Compassionate Leave
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Company 401(k) with match
- Flexible working hours
- Flex Fridays – a day dedicated to self-directed work. Spend time working on the things you want – whether it be honing in on your craft or taking off a few hours early for your mental wellness!
Equal Opportunity Employer
If your experience doesn’t exactly match the qualifications listed but you believe you would shine in this role, we want to hear from you! Please apply and tell us why you’re the right person for the job.
Black & Indigenous people of color, immigrants, women and femmes, LGBTQI+ individuals, people with disabilities, neurodiverse people, and formerly incarcerated or systems-impacted people are highly encouraged to apply.
Teal Media is an equal opportunity employer that values a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. Teal Media encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, and veteran status.
Teal Media does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, country of origin, citizenship, ancestry, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, political affiliation, exercising one’s right to family care and medical leave, medical condition, including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions, or any other category protected by local, state, or federal laws. We are not offering US visa sponsorship at this time.