UX Content Strategist/Information Architect (Remote)
Teal Media is seeking a UX Content Strategist/Information Architect for a full-time, remote position.
Teal Media works with clients and nonprofit organizations who commit their lives to creating positive social change. We pour every ounce of our passion and skill into their success, because we, too, want the world to be a better place.
As a leading member of our Content Strategy team, you collaborate on timely deliverables in support of high-profile social impact clients tackling big challenges in health, climate, gender equity, human rights, and more.
You will work closely with our Director of Content Strategy and the entire team to raise awareness, build audiences, and increase engagement through human-centered design and communications projects in some of the most pressing social justice issues of our time.
If you’re looking to be a part of a team that is comprised of talented, mindful people who dedicate themselves to making a difference, please apply here. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Location: Remote (US)
- Salary Range: $80K-$90k
Who We Are
Teal Media is a full-service creative and design agency with a conscience. We believe purposeful design can transform organizations, inspire action, and enable progress. Our clients and nonprofit partners commit their lives to creating positive social change. We pour every ounce of our passion and skill into their success, because we, too, want the world to be a better place. We offer a variety of strategic, creative, and technical services, including brand strategy, web design and development, and creative support.
We are a woman-owned and woman-led firm with a diverse staff. At Teal Media, we value our people above all else, and choose to work with partners and clients who share those beliefs.
The UX Content Strategist/Information Architect is responsible for content strategy on Teal client projects. This role reports to the Director of Content Strategy and is a member of the Content Strategy team.
What You’ll Do
Content Strategy (60%)
For Teal client projects:
- Drive the content strategy for website projects, which includes, but is not limited to:
- Content audits/evaluation/assessments
- Landscape/competitive analyses
- UX research
- Website strategy development
- Information architecture
- Sitemap and wireframes
- Content type definition
- Taxonomy development
- Content/copy guidelines and best practices development
- Content governance
- Quality assurance and control
- Ongoing content performance monitoring and analysis
- Devise, monitor, analyze, and report on metrics and ROI indicators for content performance
- Ensure content strategy deliverables meet Teal quality standard and client expectations
Client Services (20%)
- Content-related client trainings
- Lead and support client calls
Process & Methodology (20%)
- Devise and streamline processes and methodologies for the Content Strategy team and build an efficient sustainable way of working to maximize our team’s time while hitting and evolving goals for clients
- Determine and implement the methods and tools for benchmarking performance, analytics, data, and industry best practices so we can regularly report on the ROI of our client work. Train additional staff in these methods and tools as needed
Ideal Candidates Will Have
- 4-6 years of experience in digital content role
- Familiarity and comfort using WordPress
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines and work on several projects simultaneously
- Client-facing experience
Make a positive impact on mission-driven organizations and nonprofits while working in a fun, collaborative and flexible environment. We’re a nimble, close-knit group that values team work and individual contribution.
All our positions are remote (in the US), but we work to maintain a fun and engaging company culture.
- Work from home (or at the beach!)
- Professional Development Coaching
- Yearly Continuing Education Stipend
- Eligibility for bi-annual bonuses
- Flexible Time Off and Unlimited Sick Leave
- Compassionate Leave
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Company 401(k) with match
- Flexible working hours
- Flex Fridays – a day dedicated to self-directed work. Spend time working on the things you want – whether it be honing in on your craft or taking off a few hours early for your mental wellness!
Equal Opportunity Employer
If your experience doesn’t exactly match the qualifications listed but you believe you would shine in this role, we want to hear from you! Please apply and tell us why you’re the right person for the job.
Black & Indigenous people of color, immigrants, women and femmes, LGBTQI+ individuals, people with disabilities, neurodiverse people, and formerly incarcerated or systems-impacted people are highly encouraged to apply.
Teal Media is an equal opportunity employer that values a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. Teal Media encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, and veteran status.
Teal Media does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, country of origin, citizenship, ancestry, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, political affiliation, exercising one’s right to family care and medical leave, medical condition, including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions, or any other category protected by local, state, or federal laws. We are not offering US visa sponsorship at this time.