Business Development Associate (Remote)
Teal Media is seeking a Business Development Associate for a full-time, remote position.
Teal Media works with clients and nonprofit organizations who commit their lives to creating positive social change. We pour every ounce of our passion and skill into their success, because we, too, want the world to be a better place.
As a core member of our Business Development team, you will coordinate timely deliverables in support of high-profile social impact clients tackling big challenges in health, climate, gender equity, reproductive justice, human rights, and more.
You will work closely with our Director of Business Development, Senior Managing Director, Principal (Biz Dev team), and leaders from across the entire team to support our business development process from prospecting, lead assessment and proposal development through pitching and successful handoff to the project team. You will coordinate and participate in discovery calls, write proposals, coordinate process, build pitch decks, and above all, help our team win exciting new work in the social impact space.
If you’re looking to be a part of a team that is comprised of talented, mindful people who dedicate themselves to making a difference, and a business development team that’s high performing and ambitious, please apply here. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Ideal Location: Remote (US residents only)
- Salary Range: $60k-$70k (pending location & experience)
Who We Are
Teal Media is a full-service creative and design agency with a conscience. We believe purposeful design can transform organizations, inspire action, and enable progress. Our clients and nonprofit partners commit their lives to creating positive social change. We offer a variety of strategic, creative, and technical services, including brand strategy, web design and development, and digital marketing support.
We are a woman-owned and woman-led firm with a diverse staff. At Teal Media, we value our people above all else, and choose to work with partners and clients who share those beliefs.
What You’ll Do
- Respond to and process inbound leads in coordination with Biz Dev team, including monitoring and responding to messages, scheduling intake calls, preparing questions, joining conversations, documenting what we learn, coordinating next steps, and staying in touch with leads in partnership with executive leadership throughout the new business process
- Supporting the proposal development process, including generating creative ideas with team members, reviewing RFPs in detail, confirming all requirements, assembling and writing proposal drafts, selecting case studies, and developing initial scopes of work
- Serve as a lead writer and/or editor on new business proposals and pitches in close collaboration with the Director of Business Development, Senior Managing Director, and Principal. Proofread all Teal proposals to ensure quality standards are met
- Ensure that the team meets all business proposal and pitch deadlines and communicate closely with the team for support as needed
- Support the team so they are ready to participate in proposals and pitches; specifically prepare pitch teams with background materials, create an initial draft for a lean and clear pitch deck, and distribute the background information they need to understand the client challenge and Teal’s path to winning the work in close collaboration with Biz Dev team
- Continuously improve our business development process in partnership with the Biz Dev team, including tracking and learning from data on what is and is not working, and routinely improving our approach, proposal and pitch formats, and reference materials
- Work collaboratively with the Teal marketing team to connect our operations and market Teal’s new business offerings
- Support marketing efforts, including case study writing/editing, capabilities decks and one-pagers, conference participation/events/panels, award submissions, and more
- Help manage pipeline via HubSpot and ensure all entries are complete and up-to-date
Ideal Candidates Will Have Experience
- Writing persuasive, engaging, and largely error-free copy on quick turn deadlines
- Researching, writing, and organizing information in a professional and credible manner
- Proofreading large documents quickly and accurately
- Conducting interviews and discovery calls professionally
- Reading and interpreting a Request for Proposal (RFP)
- Ensuring that proposals & materials maintain a consistent and professional tone and voice
- Providing timely follow-up on submitted proposals
- Working directly with high-profile prospective and existing customers to develop thoughtful, quality proposal responses
- Interviewing internal subject matter experts to gather information and knowledge to prepare winning proposals
- Using HubSpot or similar CRM/deal tracking software
- Requires minimum two (2) years proposal writing experience
- Winning work. The ideal candidate is hungry to find, qualify, nurture, and win exciting new projects for the Teal team
Make a positive impact on mission-driven organizations and nonprofits while working in a fun, collaborative and flexible environment. We’re a nimble, close-knit group that values teamwork and individual contribution.
All our positions are remote (in the US), but we work to maintain a fun and engaging company culture.
- Work from home (or at the beach!)
- Professional Development Coaching
- Yearly Continuing Education Stipend
- Eligibility for bi-annual bonuses
- Flexible Time Off and Unlimited Sick Leave
- Compassionate Leave
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Company 401(k) with match
- Flexible working hours
- Flex Fridays – a day dedicated to self-directed work. Spend time working on the things you want – whether it be honing in on your craft or taking off a few hours early for your mental wellness!
Equal Opportunity Employer
If your experience doesn’t exactly match the qualifications listed but you believe you would shine in this role, we want to hear from you! Please apply and tell us why you’re the right person for the job.
Black & Indigenous people of color, immigrants, women and femmes, LGBTQI+ individuals, people with disabilities, neurodiverse people, and formerly incarcerated or systems-impacted people are highly encouraged to apply.
Teal Media is an equal opportunity employer that values a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. Teal Media encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, and veteran status.
Teal Media does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, country of origin, citizenship, ancestry, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, political affiliation, exercising one’s right to family care and medical leave, medical condition, including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions, or any other category protected by local, state, or federal laws. We are not offering US visa sponsorship at this time.