What You’ll Do
- Ensure that there is a unified understanding of project vision, goals, requirements, and expectations for the strategy between Art Directors and Designers at the onset of a project
- With support of Director, serve as a key driver of partner relationships and client/project satisfaction, helping ensure quality control of deliverables and smooth team collaboration with Creative Services clients.
- Oversee work produced by senior and mid designers for assigned projects. Ensure designs accomplish project goals and requirements and meet Teal quality standards. Provides hands-on support as needed (being mindful to teach rather than take over)
- Collaborate with project designers to prepare and produce deliverables for client presentations
- Establish an open, honest environment for formal and informal design critique sessions. Encourage team participation. Provide developmental feedback
- Review documentation and specifications produced by designers to ensure thoroughness and accuracy
- Direct and motivate designers in their technical, conceptual, and time-management skills
- Challenge designers to strive for excellence, sharpen skills, and exceed expectations
- Balance quality with budget and timeline limitations
- Some hands-on design work is required, but most of your time will be spent on directing, vision-setting, and reviewing deliverables
- Support the Director of Creative Services on departmental planning and processes
- Be an active part of the broader creative director group to ensure that design methodology practices, process consistency is maintained throughout Teal
Ideal Candidates Will Have
- 8+ years of design experience
- 4+ years of management experience
- Expert-level knowledge of design and business software (Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Microsoft Products, Google Apps, etc.)
- Expert-level skills in branding and visual design
- General best-practice skills in website user experience
- Strong ability to create and lead client meetings and creative presentations (strong presentation skills)
- Understanding of animation / motion graphics / video development process in order to guide an expert Designer to achieve project goals
- Strong creative vision with an understanding of business objectives
- Highly skilled with leading and inspiring a team of creative talent
- Brings passion, positivity, energy, and enthusiasm to the team
If your experience doesn’t exactly match the qualifications listed but you believe you would shine in this role, we want to hear from you! Please apply and tell us why you’re the right person for the job.
Black & Indigenous people of color, immigrants, women and femmes, LGBTQI+ individuals, people with disabilities, neurodiverse people, and formerly incarcerated or systems-impacted people are highly encouraged to apply.
Teal Media is an equal opportunity employer that values a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. Teal Media encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, and veteran status.
Teal Media does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, country of origin, citizenship, ancestry, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, political affiliation, exercising one’s right to family care and medical leave, medical condition, including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions, or any other category protected by local, state, or federal laws. We are not offering US visa sponsorship at this time.